Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Meet the Boys

Talking about cats should be an appropriate second post because 99% of the internet likes cats, right? Ok! I'd like to introduce you to two of the loves in my life: Turbo and Nitro. Here they are in a rare state -- sleepy and sweet. Not to say they aren't sweet and perfect all the time, but... sometimes they ruin everything. In a sweet, adorable way, most of the time.


The first night I spent with these boys, they actually knocked over a bedside lamp, and the bulb broke all over my pillow! Of course I was super concerned the boys would end up walking through the glass, and it was 3 a.m. and I was half asleep, so it was sort of nerve-wracking. It wasn't a complete disaster though.

Another time, the boys were running around my old apartment and bouncing off the walls -- literally. One of them -- it was Nitro I think -- jumped up on a shelf on a mostly empty tall bookshelf, and he actually knocked it down! That was quite a fright for both me and the kitties. Luckily, again, nothing was damaged.

It is these types of adventures that keep life exciting. If they were curled up like in the picture above all the time, it would be nice, but I wouldn't appreciate it as much without them getting into some sort of funny mischief every so often.

One year, my mom got me a book about how to get cats to behave. I haven't managed to train them yet, but now that they are older, they don't get into as much trouble. I also found these amazing animal vitamins by GNC (kind of silly, isn't it?) that help them relax, and those can be a life-saver sometimes.

Are your pets mischievous a lot of the time? How do you get them to calm down?



No comments:

Post a Comment