Friday, January 17, 2014

How I Coupon

Couponing is so fun! Do you all agree? Yes, it is work, but it is rewarding work. It's fun doing the research, and then you save money that you can later spend on fun things like nail polish (or whatever sparks your interest).

The last couple weeks, our local newspaper has had quite a few coupon inserts, which is glorious for me! So many things to look through!


The way I coupon is really pretty simple. I don't consider myself an extreme couponer (although sometimes it is fun to think of myself as that), but I do invest some time into saving money.

Basically, here is my routine: Look through the Sunday newspaper. That's it! On my best shopping trips, I've been able to save up to 22% off my grocery bill. It's not a ton, but it's about $20 worth! Believe me, $20 can buy a lot of fun things, or it can go a long way toward another household need.

We recently got a printer for our house, so my fiance and I are excited about the ability to print things now. I am mostly excited about being able to print extra coupons! Silly us though, we bought the printer, but we didn't buy printer paper at the same time, so we will have to wait just a bit.

Do you like to coupon? What is your technique?

8 comments:

  1. I loved couponing, but b/c of time constraints eventually had to stop. You're making me consider starting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope you are able to find time to start again :)

      Delete
  2. I've tried to be better at couponing, but I get so overwhelmed. Have you tried the electronic coupons? They do them at Publix in South Florida and Dallas, where I'm currently living. I find that process a lot easier to manage. I just download the store's app and I'm good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Publix's electronic coupons! I use those too but forgot to mention them in this blog!

      Delete
  3. OMG I was just talking about this the other day! I wish Texas offered better couponing deals! But alas, we are meant to spend money here... :(

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully at least you can save on occasional sales and things :) We don't have huge coupons here, but the little ones add up!

      Delete
  4. While I don't consider myself an extreme couponer, my approach is a step further. I do have a binder that I clip and sort my coupons into from the 10 Sunday papers I buy. We are a family of 5 plus I share my finds with my extended family. The new year starting has me a bit behind on organizing, but I plan to get back to it after this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic! I have a mini accordion file that I keep my coupons in, but I'm not organized enough to have a binder!

      Delete